submission reading series
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
Submission is a poetry and prose reading series curated by blind online submission. Right now, we are OPEN to event volunteer applications and CLOSED to poetry/prose submissions (until an iteration called "Submission by and for LGBTQIA+" sometime in March 2020). While you wait, feel free to familiarize yourself with submission directions:
_ _ _
- Please send only one submission per genre per reading period.
- Submissions will be open to writers who identify as LGBTQIA+, and we require that writers indicate that they identify as such in the cover letter. By indicating that you identify as LGBTQIA+, you are helping us alleviate any mixups that could occur when people submit without reading directions. Managing editors will filter submissions to ensure that guest editors receive qualifying submissions, but the entries will be blind to the paid guest editors.
- Right now, there are no formal restrictions on where you must reside in order to submit. But, please indicate in the cover letter that you understand the payment is $100 and that you are responsible for your own travel and lodging for a reading in Portland, OR. Writers who do not indicate this in their cover letter will be disqualified. By indicating you understand this, we will be reading and reaching out only to committed candidates, which gives us more time to market a successful event. Managing editors will filter submissions to ensure that guest editors receive qualifying submissions, but the entries will be blind to the paid guest editors.
- We welcome previously published work and request no rights. However, we would like you to submit something you plan on reading.
- Since we are reading blind, please make every effort to strip your work of identifying information before sending it to us. That means no names in the title field, in the body of your document, or as the title of your uploaded document.
- Poets should submit 5-10 pages of poems. Prose writers should submit 5-15 double-spaced pages of prose. Writers should submit their work in one attachment.
- Previous Submission winners are ineligible to submit.
- All writers should submit through our Submittable portal.
- Feel free to contact us with further questions at submissionpdx[AT]gmail[DOT]com.